Melinda Maryniuk is an award winning diabetes educator with over 35 years of experience bringing innovative education resources to patients, healthcare professionals and organizations.
As Director of Care Programs for Joslin Diabetes Center, she worked to improve diabetes education services with leading diabetes centers around the country. She has developed and delivered training programs for physicians, diabetes educators, medical office assistants, employees in diabetes business units, as well as people affected by diabetes.
Melinda has worked on diabetes education projects around the world including China, India, Japan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Brazil. Through Melinda’s extensive global and national experience, she draws from a wide network of experts to ensure diverse needs and deadlines can be met.
Currently, Melinda is the Lead Diabetes Educator for Diabetes- What to Know and for My Weight - What to Know, an educational resource and Facebook community for people with type 2 diabetes and for those managing overweight or obesity.
Recent publications include:
- Dickinson JK, Guzman SJ, Maryniuk MD, O’Brian CA, Kadohiro JK, Jackson RA, D’Hondt N, Montgomery B, Close KL, Funnell MM. The Use of Language in Diabetes Care and Education. Diabetes Care 2017 Oct 17. doi: 10.2337/dci17-0041. and the Diabetes Educator 10.1177/0145721717735535
- Maryniuk MD. From plates to pyramids to patterns: perspectives in meal planning. Diabetes Spectr. 2017 May; 30(2): 67-70. Doi: 10.2337/ds16-0080
- Dickinson JK, Maryniuk MD. Building therapeutic relationships: choosing words that put people first. Clin Diabetes 2017 Jan; 35(1`): 51-54. Doi: 10.2337/cd16-0014
- Maryniuk M. Diabetes Education Program Management. In: The Art and Science of Diabetes Self Management Education: A Desk Reference for Healthcare Professionals. 4th Edition. Chicago, IL: American Association of Diabetes Educators. 2017
- Beck J, Greenwood DA, Blanton L, Bollinger ST, Butcher MK, Condon JE, Cypress M, Faulkner P, Fischl AH, Francis T, Kolb LE, Lavin-Tompkins JM, MacLeod J, Maryniuk M, Mensing C, Orzeck EA, Pope DA, Pulizzi JL, Reed AA, Rhinehart AS, Siminerio J, Wang J. 2017 National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support. Diabetes Care 2017 published online July 17, 2017 and The Diabetes Educator 2017 published online July 17, 2017
For a full CV or list of Melinda's publications or recent speaking engagements, contact Melinda at: email@example.com